Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Yellowstone

. . . I had a hard time posting last fall, too. I'm not quite sure what the problem is, but I've got a lot of catching up to do. So here's our family vacation to Yellowstone last August (just three months late:)

Beautiful "Yellow" stone canyon. Grandma & Grandpa Finch came with us.

Jamison's favorite was seeing all the animals. No surprise... he is my outdoorsman! Here we're looking at a herd of Elk and some swans in the water. We also saw a coyote at the side of the road, a buffalo walking next to our van, eagles, ospreys, two moose really close. In fact one night around the campfire, a moose walked right behind our tent! I panicked and walked in the other direction with Katelyn. Even with all these animals, the kids still thought it was lame because we didn't see a bear.


Watching Old Faithful. I wish we had audio - Coleman and Katelyn screamed and cheered when it FINALLY erupted.

My favorite part . . . swimming in the Firehole river.

The Yellowstone Falls - absolutely breathtaking! You can't get the sense of how HUGE this waterfall is. It gave me butterflies.

This is Inspiration Point - you can see the falls in the background.

Riding the Ferry across Jenny Lake in the Tetons. Then we hiked to a beautiful waterfall.

The kids also loved the Horseback riding.

One short story: While driving up there, we stopped for gas in Cokeville, Wyoming. This is when I realized that Katelyn's backpack, with all her stuff in it, was still sitting on her bed at home! I had to forget something - why couldn't it have been the marshmallows? Luckily, Jackson Hole had a Kmart. We had to buy everything from sneakers, to underwear, to swimsuit.

Way Fun! We loved this trip! In fact, we might go again next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment