Technically, it's still spring, right? Well here's some fun pics from our little trip - over a month ago. We tend to plan last minute, so two days before leaving we finally decided on our destination: Bryce Canyon. We had A LOT of fun. And amazingly enough, the kids got along really well. I can't remember any fighting. (Maybe I'm blocking it out of my memory!)
This was a hike around Navajo Loop. Bryce Canyon is at a pretty high elevation, so there was still plenty of snow piled up. We watched the erosion process in action as the snow run-off took rock and dirt away with it. It was really cool.
Evidence of the muddy hike.
We also did plenty of swimming at the hotel and played card games together. At home our policy is "you can't play with friends until you can be a good friend to your brother/sister." It sounds good in theory, but it doesn't always work out so well. This trip, I loved that my kids played so well with each other. Surprisingly well . . . kind, patient, considerate, happy. I just wish it would have lasted longer once we got back home!



Were we really that good? It's hard for me to remeber the last time Jamison and I actually got along. But it was a fun trip, wasn't it?
ReplyDelete-morgan
It looks like you all had a great family holiday. We SO need to come back to Utah sometime, my only problem with that is that I'd want to spend 6 weeks there ATLEAST to see/do everything. One day...
ReplyDeleteWe love your blog- my mom likes checking in on it, too. Have a happy day Finch family!!