Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Our sad, sad day

Last Friday night (Nov 6), our cute little dog, Kelty Cosmo Finch, got hit by a car and died. We are all sooo sad. We only had her for 3 months, but I'm surprised how much we bonded with her and how she was already such an important part of our family.
This is us picking her up on August 9th. We went to Meridian, Idaho to get her and stayed with Sarah and Cody. We were so excited.


Right after the accident, Katelyn said, "Look, Mom, I spelled heaven." I have some thanksgiving blocks that spell "give thanks" and she rearranged them to spell "hevin" because that's where Kelty is now.


This is Kelty camping. She came on three camping trips with us.


Getting some love from the kids. Morgan said, "who am I going to tell all my secrets too, now?" She wrote 7 pages in her journal all about Kelty. Jamison still cries now and then.

Jamison would wake up early for school so he could play with her. And when he got home, he went straight out to play some more. He taught her how to shake and she would pull him on his ripstick.

This picture was taken the day she died. We are all pretty devastated; however, we feel happy that we had her for as long as we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment